Wednesday, February 4, 2026

February 4, 2026

 CPR Recerts 

CPR recert dates are March 12 & 25. Everyone should have been contacted to book if H&H is your home site. If you have not been contacted, its because we booked you for a date that you're already working.  Please see the list posted near Nicole's cubicle to see when you are slotted in. 

Job Posting


Cheryl T was the successful applicant for the full time position posted at the beginning of January. We have changed her 0.86 FTE to a full time position. This Full Time posting is now open.  Its Job #98590. Apply before Feb 13th if you're interested.  


Summer Vacation

Vacation requests have been reviewed.  A copy of your request with what was granted is in your mailbox.  All requests for vacation from April 1- Sept 30, 2026 are now 1st request, 1st granted.  Vacation requests for Oct 1, 2026 - March 31, 2027 will be reviewed after the August 1st intake. 

* I know that people are anxious to get the time off that they would like over summer.  Considering the current full time posting - the outcome of which has potential for changes to the master rotation and significant position shuffling, I am putting a temporary hold on any trade or leave requests for the summer period of June 15 - September 15.  If I grant a bunch of LOs or trades and position changes happen, I have to go back and reverse them all.  Because of the large impact on many positions, its not a good use of my time to do that work only to have to undo it.  I'm hopeful that I will have a better idea of what our master will look like by the end of March, and I will be able to then accept LOs or trades for that time period.  This will allow you plenty of time to make the arrangements that you need to ensure you have the summer of your dreams. Thanks for your understanding. 
 
Additional Learning Opportunities

A recording of the webinar: Parents’ and Caregivers’ Experiences of Caring for their Preschool Children after Declining Vaccines is now available on the Saskatchewan Prevention Institute’s website. To view, visit: https://skprevention.ca/event/parents-and-caregivers-experiences-of-caring-for-their-preschool-children-after-declining-vaccines/

4th year Nursing Student

Calling all preceptors! I have received a request for preceptors for a 4th year nursing student for the May 5-June 17 block.  We will now be receiving preceptor pay for the days that you are working with the student.  I am seeking volunteers for this block of time.  Please let Kerry know by Feb 23 if you are interested in filling this role.  

3 FREE CERPs

Jana notified me that there was some good information in the GOLD Learning Day lectures.  When I looked into it, I thought you had to pay.  BUT when I looked closer, it said that if you are Gold Alumni, they were free!  I looked it up (follow the link in the description) and sure enough, if you have attended 5 Gold conferences, you are considered Alumni.  I went through to purchase, and the credit was added at the end an NO PAYMENT was necessary. I haven't listened to them yet, but I would encourage you to check it out!!  There are several lecture packs listed here including the one Jana mentioned, I haven't checked to see if any of the others are free.